P3 Proposal - Parliament Election - Term 2

GM!

Name: lyt
Discord: lyt.eth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lyt_eth

With a passion for DeFi and a strong belief in Premia’s vision, I’m eager to roll up my sleeves for a second term and help it reach new heights.

My background is rooted in strong business analytics, with valuable experience gained working at MakerDAO. For more information about me please refer to my bio from the last election. You can also find my posts on the Maker forum under the same username. Note that I am no longer affiliated with Steakhouse, but I completed my first Parliament term very independently from the Steakhouse team anyway.

Below are areas I would like to focus on in the next Parliament term:

Promoting options vs perps, which is important because as perps traders represent a potentially large source of growth.

• Writing promotional / educational content that can serve as an inspiration for marketing: For example, I have recently explored actual options purchased to find and walk through an example of someone who bought an option that is so far profitable but would have been liquidated as a perp; showcasing examples of actual options trades that happened on the platform can be a great promotional tool.
  • Outreach on Twitter: Engaging with perps traders on Twitter, bringing them awareness to decentralized options on Premia, and understanding their pain points.
  • Extracting data-driven insights: Analyzing data to showcase the intricacies of options vs. perps (e.g., exploring ways to measure “wick insurance” cost/efficacy, analysis of wick impacts in various market conditions). This work is more exploratory but if successful, insights extracted could be shared to educate the community.

Exploring ways to onboard current options traders who don’t use Premia yet, including crypto options traders on competing platforms and stock options traders with an interest in crypto.

• Connecting with options traders who use competing platforms: Engaging with them on Twitter, bringing awareness to Premia, & understanding their needs and barriers to using Premia.
  • Targeted outreach of stock options traders: Exploring ways to find the overlap between stock options traders and people interested in crypto. A crude example purely for illustrative purposes is finding redditors who made comments in both r/wsb and r/cryptocurrency.

Continuing to weigh in on tokenomics

• While I prioritize the long term growth and success of the protocol over all else, I still do find it important that value accrual to the token is done in a way that makes the token attractive.
  • In the prior term, I quickly pivoted to advocate for tokens to not be burned and instead reallocated to ensure that the community maintained a fair percentage of ownership. Token burns would have unfortunately had to come from community allocations, as there were legal barriers otherwise.

Continuing to monitor the competitive landscape and identifying opportunities for improvement in the process

Thank you for reading

4 Likes