Please provide any commentary as this is the current draft of the omnibus proposal! Thanks!
Elected Parliament Members have a Sub-Space within the Premia.eth Snapshot (parliament.premia.blue), where Proposals can be voted on. The term of the Snapshot vote shall be 0.25 Epochs or ~3.5 Days. At the conclusion of each month, all proposals will be wrapped into an Omnibus Bill for the Term to be voted on and ratified by Premian Citizens.
All Proposals that follow this Parliament Fast Track Structure shall be submitted by a Core Wallet, thus signaling the buy-in from the Contributor Group. Thus any approved Parliament Fast Track Proposals shall be deemed valid if approved unless the Omnibus ratification is denied, in which steps will be taken to alleviate the disagreements. Premian Citizens are encouraged to speak up as soon as possible when a potentially controversial Parliament Proposal is being voted on, as all passed Parliament Proposals are considered uncontested unless otherwise known. All parliament proposals will be posted to the Discourse and Discord.
- P3 Number: TBD (To be determined by P3 Moderator)
- Title: Monthly Consolidation of Parliamentary Votes
- Author: [Your Name]
- Sponsor: [Sponsor’s Name]
- Status: DRAFT
- Type: Task
This proposal suggests a restructuring of the voting process for Parliament Members and Citizens. The proposed change is intended to streamline the decision-making process and ensure that all passed Parliamentary Proposals are considered uncontested unless otherwise known.
Currently, Parliamentary votes are scattered and unconsolidated. This proposal aims to create a monthly consolidation of these votes, which would then be presented as an Omnibus Bill to be ratified by the Premian Citizens at the end of each Month.
The motivation behind this proposal is to make the voting process for Parliament Members more efficient and transparent. By consolidating the votes into an Omnibus Bill, the Premian community will have a clear overview of the decisions made by the Parliament during an Election Term.
The following changes are proposed:
- Creation of a Sub-Space for Parliamentary Voting: This Sub-Space, located within the Premia.eth Snapshot, will serve as the venue for Parliamentary voting. Proposals can be presented and voted on in this space.
- Fast Track Structure for Proposals: Proposals submitted by a Core Wallet will be eligible for the Parliament Fast Track Structure. These proposals will be considered valid if approved, unless the Omnibus ratification is denied.
- Monthly Consolidation of Votes: At the conclusion of each Month, all proposals will be consolidated into an Omnibus Bill. This Bill will then be presented for voting and ratification by Premian Citizens.
- Increased Community Engagement: Premian Citizens are encouraged to voice concerns about potentially controversial Parliament Proposals as early as possible. All passed Parliament Proposals will be considered uncontested unless otherwise known.
The proposed changes aim to improve the efficiency and transparency of the Premia governance process. By consolidating votes and encouraging early feedback from the community, we can ensure that all decisions are well-considered and reflect the will of the Premian community.
Test cases will be developed during the implementation phase, focusing on the functioning of the Sub-Space for Parliamentary Voting, the Parliament Fast Track Structure, and consolidating votes into an Omnibus Bill.
This P3 is in the public domain, and the author waives all copyright and related rights to the extent possible under the law.