P3 Proposal - Parliament Election - Term 2

GM everyone, here’s my submission for this election round:

Name: JC Denton or vxDenton
Discord: jc.denton. Profile
Twitter: vxdenton

My submission and bio from last term: Link

Brief intro:

• Coming from an IT background, I mined a lot of Scrypt algo coins back in 2013-2014. Came back in 2018 after Cryptsy exit scammed me. Started using DeFi extensively in 2020, which convinced me Crypto has a real use besides its immutability and is here to stay.
  • Throughout 2020-2023, I’ve helped various smaller cap projects (Between 200k and 5mil at peak mcaps) with community management, content management, as well as various forms of marketing efforts. I’ve traded crypto extensively for these past years and have interacted with hundreds of protocols, and still do.
  • I discovered Premia and joined the community in 2021, choosing it as what I saw as the superior DeFi Options platform. After joining the parliament in April 2023, I helped along with the other members to oversee the meta-economic revamp (after heated debates about burning tokens), the launch of Premia Blue and end of v2, various UI changes, worked on our integration with the Hats DAO, and more. Aside from my work with the Parliament, I’ve also contributed to Premia with managing the community, helping with Twitter and other external communications.

Experience using the Premia platform:

I use the vaults extensively to hedge my positions and lately to farm yield with the ARB STIP. I occasionally trade, mostly buying calls and selling puts (permabulla). And of course vxPremia. I still think the Premia UI/aesthetic is one of the best in crypto.

Future ideas for Premia:

Like Bathtub said above and others too, I agree that a good, easy and fun to use UI is extremely important for platform adoption. Providing QA feedback is critical and should be one of the things Parliament does often.

Making Options more appealing and promoting the idea of using them over perps, whether as a hedge to spot or as a temporary trading strategy or any combination of the above, is paramount to the adoption and success of Premia. I’d like to really push this narrative as a group, with everyone reinforcing each others ideas in public (on Twitter for example), and doing what they can to contribute. We know how crucial narratives are in crypto and trading DeFi Options is one of the more obvious and cleanest ones. And of course continue working on name recognition for Premia, which has improved.

In terms of Governance work, I would like the Parliament to be split into a few task groups in charge of contributing and consulting different aspects of Premia. As detailed in the opening post these would be Governance, Advocation, Community and Quality Assurance. For the second term I’d like tasks to be more clearly defined so that everyone can contribute in the field that fits them best.

We have grown, but there is still much to be done. Many live in the darkness that must be shown the way. For it is the dawning of a new day.

Good luck to all candidates.
prem2

6 Likes